BioGX Launches 5 New CE Mark IVD Tests, Expands Number Of Sexual Health Panels
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 23 October 2018 – BioGX B.V. recently released 5 new sexual health CE Mark IVD tests, expanding BioGX’s CE-IVD menu to a total of 21 multiplex panels, with additional test panels to be released before the end of 2018.
“Laboratorians and clinicians now have more options for syndromic group menu expansion” said Ken Gordon, BioGX’s Vice President of Global Sales & Marketing. “Our sexual health testing options represent our commitment to improved patient outcomes in an extremely important testing area.”
The newly-released test panels include:
● Candida Speciation GATPK – Aids in the diagnosis of Candida infection by detecting the presence of DNA from the 5 Candida species that represent approximately 95% of human Candida infections: Candida glabrata, C. albicans, C. tropicalis, C. parapsilosis, and C. krusei.
● Candida-Trichomonas – Aids in the diagnosis of Candida and Trichomonas infection by detecting the presence of DNA from Candida glabrata, C. albicans, C. krusei, and Trichomonas vaginalis.
● Lesion HSV – Aids in the diagnosis of genital lesions by detecting the presence of DNA from HSV-1 and HSV-2.
● Lesion HSVHD – Aids in the diagnosis of genital lesions by detecting the presence of DNA from HSV-1, HSV-2, and Haemophilus ducreyi.
● Urinary Tract EKEGAS – Aids in the diagnosis of urinary tract infections by detecting the presence of DNA from E. coli, Klebsiella spp., Enterococcus faecalis, and Group A Streptococcus.
BioGX will continue to expand its sexual health menu in the coming months, including the release of a Syphilis panel (Treponema pallidum), which is anticipated in December 2018.
BioGX’s CE Mark IVD products are marketed and sold exclusively by BioGX B.V. or its authorized distributors, and are not available for sale in the United States.
To contact BioGX B.V. or request additional information, please visit www.biogx.com/eu.
About BioGX B.V.
BioGX B.V., based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, is a provider of molecular diagnostics reagents across diverse clinical applications. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of BioGX, headquartered in Birmingham, AL.
BioGX provides partner-specified formulation and manufacturing services for custom molecular reagent components. Operating in a cGMP compliant environment, BioGX has over a decade of experience in applying its proprietary platform-agnostic reagent technology across a variety of real-time PCR and Next Generation Sequencing platforms. The company’s proprietary Sample-Ready™ technology is applied within clinical, food safety, pharma, and water quality analysis industries worldwide.
*Sample-Ready is a registered trademark of BioGX, Inc.