Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability Statement
BioGX is committed to creating a sustainable global future and contributing to environmental stewardship. We are dedicated to manufacturing and to distributing our products worldwide with sustainability being a core attribute to our product formats.
Reduce The Manufacturing Impact on the Environment:
- BioGX Research & Development and operations activities enhance the sustainability of our products and processes. BioGX products have been designed to be durable, long-lasting, and of high quality.
- BioGX products are transported at ambient temperature. The sustainability attributes are defined by:
- Reduction of energy that is required to transport our products by eliminating the need for cold chain shipping.
- Elimination of packaging associated with cold chain shipping.
Support Sustainable Product Development:
- The BioGX extraction-free, real-time PCR assays minimize plastic waste generation and thereby reduce energy consumption for associated plastic consumables (for example nucleic acid extraction kits), manufacturing and for transportation.
- Our small-footprint real-time PCR pixl™ platform is a light-weight instrument that minimizes energy requirements for manufacturing and transportation.
- The simplified extraction-free workflow on the pixl™ platform lowers the cost and environmental impact on waste disposal.
- Instruction For Use Manuals and marketing collateral are provided electronically to eliminate paper waste.
Follow United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
- Good Health and Well-Being
- Supporting universal health coverage through our global distribution network, that enables molecular diagnostics for infectious diseases and emerging pathogens.
- Quality Education
- Achieving inclusive and quality education through continuous training and the attendance of international scientific conferences.
- Gender Equality
- Encouraging women in leadership and management roles and providing equal opportunities.
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Manufacturing molecular diagnostics products that support water sanitation through monitoring of drinking water quality, sewage source tracking and recreational water analysis.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Thriving for economic growth through technological innovation, the development of new real-time PCR assays by our Research & Development team and the collaboration with international industry and research partners.
- Climate Action
- Fighting climate change through the reduction of our environmental foot-print in relation to our products (ambient temperature shipment, development of extraction-free assays, etc.), and work ethic (minimizing domestic and international travel by supporting virtual meetings and remote work).
- Partnerships for the Goals
- Having strong global partnerships to improve access and knowledge to technology in developing countries.
Through our actions, we strive to make a lasting impact on the communities we serve and inspire positive change through environmental sustainable practices and continuing to innovate product development that support global health initiatives.