Can be validated and adapted on mainstream open-system platforms
Candida auris PCR Test Reagents
The BioGX Candida auris is a complete PCR mix provided in a single lyophilized tube format to be validated by laboratories on a variety of real-time PCR instruments including BD MAXTM System, ABI QuantStudioTM 5, ABI 7500 Fast Dx, Bio-Rad CFX96 TouchTM , Bio-Rad CFX384 TouchTM , pixlTM real-time PCR platform.
Get a Quote
“The BioGX Candida auris PCR assay provides a rapid and sensitive method to perform surveillance testing for our patient population. The real time results have been used by our Epidemiology team to institute timely isolation precautions to successfully prevent C. auris transmission in our medical center.“
Dr. Margie Morgan, Director, Clinical Microbiology Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Cedars Sinai Hospital
Positive Control available from BioGX
- BioGX Candia auris Template Control, Catalog Number 720-0173
Sample Types (to be validated by the labs)
- Urine (neat or boric acid preserved)
- Swab samples collected in Copan Universal Transport Media (UTMⓇ) or Copan EswabTM
- Pretreated sputum samples
- Pretreated bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) samples
- BD MAX: 2 hours for 24 samples
- PCR run after nucleic acid extraction on ABI or Bio-Rad platform: approx. 2hrs for 96 samples
- Different methods such as MALDI-TOF or biochemical methods require culture and incubation for 24-48 hrs before identification. Positive results by real-time PCR can be identified before culture, and in some cases for slow-growing isolates 2-7 days earlier compared with other methods*.
* Mulet Bayona, Juan V., et al. “Validation and implementation of a commercial real‐time PCR assay for direct detection of Candida auris from surveillance samples.” Mycoses 64.6 (2021): 612-615.