Product Manager at BioGX BV – Amsterdam, NL
We are looking for a highly skilled Product Manager that will develop molecular diagnostic products by identifying product potential; conduct market research; generate product requirements; determine product specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; and develop marketing strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field sales people and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Reviews inventory and product viability to assess ROI and product life.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with R&D and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
- Serve as the Process Owner for processes assigned by the BioGX Job Function Training Matrix and is responsible for the effective execution and relevancy of each documented process assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven work experience in product management.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Command of infectious disease organisms and diagnostic methodologies.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in molecular diagnostics and similar technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MS/BS degree in Life Sciences or equivalent preferred.
- Highly skilled in product management, relationship management, people management, understanding customer needs, product development, requirements analysis, pricing, planning, competitive analysis, collaborative sales planning, understanding inventory control, financial planning and marketing strategy.
- Well organized and efficient with handling multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Customer management and customer facing skills and attributes.
- Experience working in process development or, a Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) controlled Operations.
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts and work under stressful conditions.
- Sound organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work weekends.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM databases, and the Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
Education and Experience: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and/or Life Sciences. 5+ years of work experience in the healthcare industry.
Language Skills: Must be proficient in writing and communicating in the English language.
Mathematical Skills: Must be consistent with level of education.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: US Driver’s License required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work entails regularly performing tasks while working with a computer, desk, laboratory bench or automated machine. Work may involve occasional climbing or balance. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood-borne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Required travel: 25% (Required)