The sales territory will include the following areas: Alaska, Northern California, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wyoming, and Canada. The Sales Manager will be expected to live within the territory.
Purpose of the Position:
The Molecular Sales Manager is responsible for managing all sales-related tasks in their assigned territory for custom and commercially available products. These tasks include but are not limited to. Meeting or exceeding sales goals, prospecting new clients, maintaining and developing relationships with current and or new customers, and leading all business activities within the assigned territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Meet or exceed territory sales goal
- Develop and nurture relationships with Key Opinion leaders (KOLs) and strengthen BioGX’s reputation within the US market.
- Develop & implement territory plans and account-based strategies to achieve sales revenue growth
- Evaluate customers skills, needs and build productive long-lasting relationships
- Attend trade shows and other industry events to represent BioGX and our portfolio of products
- Develop and present monthly forecasts
- Performs duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Sales
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Ensure customer interactions and opportunities are recorded within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software in a timely manner
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales, and status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and market trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Travel to customer sites and tradeshows. (50%+)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Practical territory management and sales experience
- Experience in selling molecular diagnostic products
- Capital equipment sales experience
- Experience in selling to hospitals and reference labs
- Should be comfortable presenting technical information to audiences with varying levels of scientific knowledge
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Experience working with CRM program
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Computer use competency
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts and work under stressful conditions.
- Sound organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM databases, and the Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences. 7+ years of sales experience in the healthcare industry.
Must be proficient in writing and communicating in the English language.
Must be consistent with the level of education.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work entails regularly performing tasks while working with a computer, desk, laboratory bench or automated machine. Work may involve occasional climbing or balance. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood-borne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.