Purpose of the Position:
Product Support Specialist serves as an internal voice of customer and product support expert to customers and partners for all BioGX products. This is a career growth position that will drive and assist with developing customer requirements, provide prompt technical issue identification and resolution, proper routing of customer support escalation. Will act as an additional internal support person to manage existing and new customers as a team member with Product Support Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Serves as the Process Owner for processes assigned by the BioGX Job Function Training Matrix and is responsible for the effective execution and relevancy of each documented process assigned.
- Reports to the Product Support Manager under supervision of Director of Marketing, Product Support and Innovation.
- Participate in customer meetings and management level business meetings.
Primary Overall Function and responsibilities:
- Customer Projects: Tracking of LDT/LDP/LUO customer projects internally:
- Collecting, clarifying and documenting customer input specifications and deliverables capturing them in BioGX’s ISO Design Control Document Process
- Manage customer specification sign offs for manufacturing custom products.
- Interface and Voice of Customer to Research, Development, Manufacturing, Quality Customer Service and BioGX management team
- Technical Support: Provide first level triage, technical support and troubleshooting along with customer complaint handling.
- Quality and Customer value tracking: Responsible for documenting customer feedback and implementation of customers feedback surveys. Provide support for Post Market Surveillance activities.
Additional Responsibilities and Details:
- Respond to inquiries on product offering, pricing, and availability via email, phone and/or appropriately, field site visit.
- Intake, triage, document and escalate more complex product related technical issues to Customer/Technical Team Support and Quality Management Team.
- Contribute to quality compliance through proper and concise documentation of product or technical inquiries.
- Maintain product knowledge and contribute to process excellence through continuous improvement efforts.
- Create product related documents such as package inserts marketing collateral.
- Develop (with Quality and Customer Service) and manage all RMA activities.
- Location: Dallas. Ability to travel to customer sites. (25%+ TBD)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experienced in nucleic acid, PCR-based clinical diagnostic product development along with DNA and RNA sample processing and sample stabilization procedures
- Knowledge and experience with BSL2 procedures and safe handling of human blood and fluids to obtain purified nucleic acids for use in test procedures.
- Well organized and efficient with handling multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Mastery of basic manufacturing, R&D, engineering, and/or scientific theories, principles, and techniques used in biotechnology manufacturing processes
- Customer management and customer facing skills and attributes
- Experience working in process development or, a Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) controlled manufacturing or research environment is necessary
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts and work under stressful conditions
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a PhD (min of Bachelor’s Degree) in Molecular Biology, Clinical MDx or related life sciences. 3+ years of work experience in biotechnology, clinical lab or related industry
Must be proficient in writing and communicating in the English language.
Must be consistent with level education.
Good problem solving, judgment and decision-making skills are required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: None required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work entails regularly performing tasks while working at a computer, desk, laboratory bench or automated machine. Work may involve occasional climbing or balance. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood borne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.