Purpose of the Position:
Coordinates and implements marketing and marketing communication projects through use of public relations, special events management, advertising, marketing communications and creating brand awareness. Markets products by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns; tracking sales data; maintaining promotional materials inventory; planning meetings; maintaining databases; and preparing reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Works closely with VP, Sales & Marketing, MDx and internal clients to facilitate production of promotional materials.
- Writes and edits promotional copy and produces marketing pieces
- Assists team members with day to day marketing tasks and coordinating marketing projects and activities as requested.
- Organizes the production of branded items such as stationery and merchandise
- Produces marketing communications, such as flyers, brochures and tradeshow related projects
- Sets up tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities.
- Tracks competitor activity by keeping abreast of market changes and the marketing mix used by competitors
- Assists with production of artwork, sourcing images, print buying and checking copy
- Produces clear and concise written correspondence in the form of letters and emails
- Implements marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing sales forecasts
- Integrates Social Media into Marketing Communications
- Supports sales staff by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, new product information; relaying customer services requests.
- Researches competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Plans Annual Meetings by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating activities
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Travel to customer sites and tradeshows. (30%+)
- Perform duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in marketing and marketing communications.
- Well organized and efficient with handling multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Customer management and customer facing skills and attributes.
- Experience working in process development or, a Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) controlled Operations.
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts and work under stressful conditions.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Sound organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work weekends.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM databases, and the Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field. 2+ years of work experience in Digital Marketing. Marketing and Marketing Communications experience a bonus.
Must be proficient in writing and communicating in the English language.
Must be consistent with level of education.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work entails regularly performing tasks while working with a computer, desk, laboratory bench or automated machine. Work may involve occasional climbing or balance. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood-borne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.