Purpose of the Position:
Work with customers to determine needs, create solutions and ensure a smooth front-end sales process. Uncover new sales opportunities through internet-based research, review of business directories, follow up of client referrals, and exploration of lead lists. Ultimate purpose of the position is to create incremental revenue opportunities and, where possible, convert to actual revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Identify revenue generating business opportunities using various research based methods (internet, referrals, lead lists, cold calling, triangulation, etc.)
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate internal resources for further development and closure
- Close sales, where applicable, and achieve quarterly quotas
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Maintain and expand ZoHo database of prospects
- Team with business partners to build pipeline and close deals
- Forecast sales
- Develop sales strategies to effectively generate new business opportunities and leads
- Evaluate customers needs and build productive long lasting relationships
- Meet personal and team sales targets
- Research accounts and generate or follow through sales leads
- Attend meeting, sales events and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments
- Report and provide feedback to management using financial statistical data
- Performs duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Continuously improve through feedback
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven inside sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Experience working with ZoHo, Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Computer use competency
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and driven
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, preferably in Life Sciences
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts and work under stressful conditions.
- Sound organizational and coordination skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM databases, and the Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences. 2+ years of sales experience in healthcare industry preferred.
Must be proficient in writing and communicating in the English language. Multi-lingual a definite plus.
Must be consistent with level of education.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work entails regularly performing tasks while working with a computer, desk, laboratory bench or automated machine. Work may involve occasional climbing or balance. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood-borne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.