Purpose of the Position:
To perform and execute recruitment, onboarding and related functions for the Human Resources function. The position requires an enthusiastic, driven individual with excellent attention to detail and communications skills. Confidentiality regarding all financial and human resources matters required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for the recruitment process including onboarding, ensuring adequate documentation, performing verification checks, and creating and maintaining confidential records.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements, contacting recruiters, and using newsgroups and job sites.
- Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules.
- Provide HR related training to the employees (onboarding, benefits, Bio-safety, ethics and compliance, etc.).
- Ensure legal compliance through monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; ensure compliance with employment laws.
- Update and develop job requirements, descriptions, postings, and assist with employee handbook revisions.
- Perform exit interviews and completion of required documentation on an as needed basis.
- Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other HR related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Recruitment, with 2-3 years of experience
- Organizational Development & Training experience a plus
- HR Training
- Communication processes
- Conflict resolution
- Google Suite including Google Docs and Google Sheets are a must.
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent degree and 3 years of related field experience. Recruitment experience is a must.
Must be proficient in writing and communicating in the English language.
Must be consistent with level of education.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
None required. PHR or SHRM-CP or higher preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work entails regularly performing tasks while working with a computer or desk. Work may involve occasional climbing or balance. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve a combination of office, biotechnology laboratory and manufacturing environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood-borne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.