Purpose of the Position:
The Customer Care Specialist’s purpose is to provide outstanding customer support to BioGX customers; to assist customers place orders, update their accounts, answer questions or concerns, provide order tracking, triage customer inquiries and respond to sales requests. The Customer Care Specialist manages the Frontline Customer Experience. They perform advanced administrative, customer service and departmental coordination duties for the Operations Department using excellent communication and organizational skills. They serve as a key Voice of Customer (VOC) within the department and the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Prepares documents including routine internal and external correspondence and communication, timelines, charts, tables (i.e. sales, GSA, W-9, Sole Source Letters, etc.).
- Answers company main phone
- Updates and maintains processes, records and files, which may contain confidential information; examples include MOP’s, QOP’s, customer files, etc. Maintains confidentiality and high-level information under strict confidence. Serves as first Point Of Contact (POC) for all customers.
- Maintains front end tool for customer orders (i.e. pending order sheet, etc.). Maintains central pricing repository for all products.
- Receives customer POs and assists in coordination of order flow fulfillment activities with Manufacturing.
- Follows-up on deliveries when assigned.
- Performs and maintains job functions in compliance with QMS standards and regulatory affairs.
- Works closely with Sales Support, Marketing, Operations, and R & D to ensure prompt and timely delivery of Contract Specified Reagent (CSR) products and other products ordered by customers.
- Collects, manages sign-offs and ensures proper processing of all customer documents and records in accordance with appropriate Design Control and QMS Procedures.
- Provides coordination and organizational support for sales events.
- Sets up, populates, manages and becomes the Subject Matter Expert for ZoHo One. Responsible for documenting customer feedback and implementation of customer feedback surveys.
- Provides intake and triage, as well as documents and escalates customer feedback to appropriate entities.
- Coordinates returns and RMA’s with customers and Operations.
- Spends majority of workday actively assisting customers.
- Performs duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are Specialist of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional demeanor and carriage
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Well organized and efficient with handling multiple tasks at the same time. Excellent written, interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Exemplary customer management and customer facing skills.
- Experience working in process development or, a Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) controlled Operations.
- Understanding of regulatory environment and influencers
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts and work under stressful conditions. Strong negotiating skills.
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM databases, and the Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have an Associate’s or a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Life Sciences. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of work experience in the healthcare industry. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years customer facing experience, inclusive of experience handling high level customer interactions. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years varying and escalating experience in customer facing roles.
Must be proficient in writing and communicating in the English language.
Must be consistent with level of education.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are Specialist of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work entails regularly performing tasks while working with a computer, desk, laboratory bench or automated machine. Work may involve occasional climbing or balance. Work entails occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
The employee’s sensory modalities (vision, hearing, smell) and physical capabilities (ambulation without mechanical assistance, strength, coordination, dexterity, range of motion) must be sufficient to independently perform duties/functions of the position.
The work environment characteristics described here are Specialist of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood-borne pathogens, automated equipment, and high levels of noise and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.